EFFECTIVE DATE: March 5, 2023
- HOW CLIC OBTAINS YOUR DATA
Clic obtains your personal data directly from you or when you use the Service. You may be required to submit personal data in order to access or use the Service. If you have questions or concerns about the disclosure of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]
Subject to legal, contractual and technical requirements, you may choose not to provide Clic with certain data or request the deletion of certain data, which may impact the Service available to you or other operations of the Service.
- INFORMATION CLIC COLLECTS
The Service collects and processes personal data, which is information about you or identifies you, as well as anonymous data, which does not identify you. The following is a description of the personal data that Clic may collect, use and process in connection with the Service:
Information you provide Clic and consent to provide for use of the Service:
- your full name, email address and user ID;
- sensitive information including gender, date of birth, relationship status and sexual orientation;
- your personal information such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you; and
- your payment information, including receipt data, transaction ID and product ID, through the Software Store.
Information Clic receives from others:
- information about you from other users of the Service; and
- other third party account information (Facebook and Apple), should you choose to login using such accounts.
Anonymous information collected when you use the Service:
- usage information about your activity on the App, for example, how you use the App, features you use on the App and how you interact with other users; and
- diagnostic data such as crash data and performance data.
Other information provided by you with your consent and permission to use for the Service:
- your coarse location and/or precise location;
- user content including photos and videos of you, chat messages, short biography and taglines;
- contact list on your mobile device and Facebook friends list; and
- social media accounts including Instagram username and Instagram contents.
- HOW CLIC USES INFORMATION
Clic’s goal is to help you make meaningful connections among its users and thus, the main use and sharing of users’ information is with other users of the Service.
Clic processes and uses your personal and anonymous data primarily for legitimate business purposes, such as to provide the Service to you, to understand your needs and the needs of our users and to improve the quality of the Service and analyze the data collected. Specifically, the uses include, but are not limited to:
- providing the Service;
- helping you connect with other users as part of the Service by analyzing information you provided and suggesting other users to you and showing users’ profiles to other users
- interacting with you to provide customer support and feedback;
- authenticating users;
- maintaining the analyzing functionality of the App and the Service, backing up data, testing and developing features of the Service, researching new features of the Service, updating the App and the Service and improving the App and the Service;
- supporting the security and integrity of the Service and its users including but not limited to detecting and protecting the App and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity or for contractual, legal, regulatory or audit obligations;
- providing relevant advertisements to you;
- investigating improper or suspicious activity; and
- contacting you for various reasons including, but not limited to, user feedback requests or marketing purposes and events, if you previously consented to such contact.
Clic may disclose your personal and anonymous data to affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and contractors for the same purposes described above. Clic may also disclose your personal and anonymous data to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws. The situations where Clic discloses your personal and anonymous information to third parties include, but are not limited to:
- processing your information as described above as well as providing and enhancing the Service features;
- providing customer support and feedback, analyzing the Service functionality and technical issues, tracking use of the Service and generating reports and data models that Clic uses to improve the Service;
- providing customized, tailored and personalized advertisements to users of the Service; and
- responding to a request from law enforcement or a government that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the data or where Clic has reasonable grounds to believe the data could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, complying with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of data, complying with court rules regarding the production of records and data, defending our rights and the rights of others or providing information to our legal counsel.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in association with your information:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to Clic and that is associated with your account directly within the service.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- You can delete your Account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service or by requesting Clic directly to delete your Account at by sending an email to [email protected] with “Delete Account” in the subject line.
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information Clic keeps about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms).
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information Clic holds about you is inaccurate or that Clic is no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact Clic at [email protected]
For your protection and the protection of all of users, Clic may ask you to provide proof of identity before any of the above requests.
Keep in mind, Clic may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through the Service, the other user will have to contact Clic to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, Clic may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow Clic to provide the Service to you anymore. For instance, Clic cannot provide the Service if Clic does not have your date of birth.
In certain cases, you may, depending on the applicable jurisdiction, lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Clic processes your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where Clic is established.
- CALIFORNIA “SHINE THE LIGHT” RIGHT
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code § 1798.83 grants you the right to request the disclosure of the categories of personal information Clic provided to third parties, and the names and addresses of these third parties, for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make this request, please contact Clic at [email protected]
Please note that you may only make this request once per year.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.120 permits you to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Currently, Clic does not sell your personal information to third parties and as such no opt-out of the sale of such personal information is necessary. If you have any other questions about Clic’s privacy practices, please email Clic at [email protected]
- CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR BUSINESS TRANSITION
- HOW CLIC PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
Clic works hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although Clic takes steps to secure your information, Clic does not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
Clic regularly monitors systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review Clic’s information collection, storage and processing practices to update Clic’s physical, technical and organizational security measures.
Clic may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if Clic suspects or detects any breach of security. If you believe that your Account or information is no longer secure, please notify Clic immediately at [email protected]
- HOW LONG CLIC RETAINS YOUR INFORMATION
Clic keeps your personal information only as long as Clic needs it for legitimate business purposes, until a user requests deletion of an Account, and as permitted by applicable law.
In practice, Clic deletes or anonymizes your information upon deletion of your Account unless:
- Clic must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring Clic to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though the systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, Clic cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Service is restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. Clic does not permit users under the age of 18 on the App and Clic does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please notify the Clic immediately at [email protected]
- CONTACT PREFERENCES